Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Calling out Mile High Sports! Where are you?!

Mile High Sports has been on the 94.1 FM frequency for the better part of seven months.  The initial signal was so bad you couldn't drive anywhere without static.  As a long-time listener and caller, I (and many others) have given Mile High Sports the benefit of the doubt.  Well, that honeymoon period has come to a close.  It's time to pick apart this issue and get something to happen.


While the signal is better than its inception, the fact is, it's still shit.  Here are some of the main issues:
  • 94.1 Mile High Sports often becomes 95.7 The Party on 94.1.  While I appreciate getting caught up with the modern hip-hop/pop music once in a while, I prefer to make that choice myself.
  • Signal is spotty: I may get the signal for a few blocks and then can't hear over the static just down the street.  There are patches like this ALL over the Denver metro and suburb area with this station.
  • Denver based station should be heard in Denver: I have "TRIED" to listen to the station from Lincoln Avenue to Highway 7 and from Wheat Ridge to DIA (and many places past these areas).  It doesn't matter whether I am in Reunion/Commerce City, going down Monaco, driving through Broomfield, I deal with static and having to switch the station.  For many other Denver Sports Radio listeners I know this is an issue for them as well.  This is not an issue with any other station I listen to. 
  • It's Broke, Actually Fix It!!!: I have heard sporadically that they are trying to improve the frequency.  Other than the first month when it went from horrendous to crap, I haven't noticed much improvements.
  • Have Issues? Let us know: Mile High Sports on-air staff is very friendly with the Twitter-verse and giving their listeners a voice. Unfortunately, anytime anyone brings up this issue, the President of Mile High Sports, James Merilatt completely ignores it and doesn't comment on it.  I have seen some of his own on-air people get chastised for even discussing the signal's issues.  Man-up and say we have a problem and when it is completely out or not working, put the information on your website and twitter page. 
I am an avid Mile High Sports radio listener.  However, with these issues and with their giving more talented hosts the boot (see Joshua Dover, Adam Kinney, Matt McChesney, Andrew Fogoros and Reed Marks as for instance), I have been looking around to frequencies that are dependable.  Hell, I get a Fort Collins based 105.5 FM clearly everywhere in Denver.  Additionally, there are some hosts that don't do their homework  and rather than give informative opinion, they just talk non-sense.  Do some research, like two of the best in keeping with modern thing in Dover and Kinney, or I can just turn on two idiots like D-Mac and Big Al to go brain dead with bad opinions.


But I digress, this is about fixing the biggest issue, 94.1 Mile High Sports station's signal and  Denver's best live and local sports station.  A station that brought people like me to MHS and away from ESPN Radio single man crews and 104.3 The Fans hours of crowded booths and repeat radio.  Truly listen to your listeners Mr. Merilatt and fix the signal.  Otherwise, sports podcasters and other stations will take away mine and many others listening time.


(Note: Mile High Sports is offered on the AM dial of 1550 and when I really enjoy a topic, I will just flip over to that, but why should we have to in Denver?!  Additionally, this signal has issues of its own in areas around town.)

No comments:

Post a Comment